Translate

Monday 30 April 2012

Have you visited The Shed?

If you have been along to my craft fairs you would have met Paris Oxley, owner, creater, designer of The Shed. Oh and not to forget my mummy.

Her items are incredibly beautiful from Plaques too hang around the home to furniture and gift boxes all upholstered and designed by Paris herself. The Perks of being her daughter I wear all of her gorgeous Rings she has made.
Scrabble Ring


I asked Paris to tell me a little bit more about her self, so I can share her work with my blog readers.

Paris says 'I love art, arty things and especially old wooden furniture. I love to search junk shops, charity shops, antique fairs and car-boot sales for old unloved items, dressing tables, ottomans, chairs etc and then re-style them.

Reupholstered
Decoupage Spiderman Unit

Made to order Plaques



Chalk Boards - made to order

Picture/Note boards - any design/pattern

Dressing unit refinished
As well as the furniture re’vamping which is my first love, I also paint my own canvas’s and work a lot with reclaimed wood making plaques and hearts and personalised gifts.  I decorate old wooden boxes using decoupage, the most popular are of screen legends like Monroe, Hepburn and Taylor.  I also invented something called purse buddies which is a little wallet for your purse with contains, toothpick, needle, cotton, buttons, handy wipe, nail file and pins, which led to door buddies and notice, pin and chalk boards…there is nothing I will not attempt, even tried glass engraving and I have wrote a couple of children’s books too!
I chose the name 'The Shed' for my business because that’s where I like to work from and you would be surprised what lurks at the back of both mine and your shed, just waiting for me to re’vamp.
Funked and re-styled furniture and unique art and unusual, unique gifts, take a look at my FB page and while you’re there don’t forget to 'like' and 'Share'... www.facebook.com/AttheShed or follow me on Twitter.
I also organise & promote Craft Fairs (Getthrifty's UK Craft Fairs) with my daughter who has caught the recycling, thrifting bug too; she works mostly with fashion and accessories'

Announcement * Announcement * Announcement


The Shed will be at Camden Lock Market, London  Wednesday 9th May selling her gorgeous items, preorder to collect or just come and have a browse

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of thrifting and revamping the already existing! Wish there were more craft fairs where I live! Love the little plaques :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One moment, I'll post mine soon. just wanted to say I love your new site!personalised gifts

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I appreciate it alot, If you leave a link I will also visit & follow thank you